Hi friend! Running a business is like juggling a million things at once, and you know I’m happy to share my favorite resources to make it easier. So, pull up a virtual chair, and let’s chat about the online tools that have saved me hours of work or just made my life a littttle bit easier.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post/ content are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I only share about companies that I truly believe in.
These are in no particular order, just a list of items I use on a weekly basis. No joke.
1. Flodesk for Email Magic: Seriously, Flodesk has saved my sanity when it comes to email marketing. It’s like having a personal designer at your fingertips! Gorgeous templates? Check. Easy peasy interface? Check. Sending out pretty emails to my subscribers? Check, check, check! Flodesk makes it all feel effortless. (alt: and its user-friendly interface ensures that even those without a tech background can create stunning campaigns.) Save 50% on your first year HERE
2. Canva for Allllllll the Content Creation: When I need to whip up a storm of content, Canva is my go-to. Honestly, I’m in Canva daily. With the Brand Elements and the added photo database….It is CHANGING the game yall.
*I will note there is some back and forth about truly owning what you create in Canva. So just keep that in mind if you are using for logos or other identifying marks.*
But for allll my social media posts, PDFs, event cover photos, flyers, business card designs, you name it – it’s got templates for days and super easy to keep tweaking til you have it right.
3. Planoly, My Social Media Scheduler: Instagram can be a real handful, right? That’s where Planoly swoops in to save the day. Scheduling posts and planning out my grid is a breeze.
My only con is once you post content you are unable to repost without having to upload again, although I know this isn’t common.
I do like I’m able to bulk upload content into their collections. Stories too! I don’t plan on changing anytime soon. There’s something to be said for knowing a platform (read: v user friendly) and easily creating and scheduling within. I may be Planoly for life folks. Link to sign up HERE.
4. Google Workspace, My Business Brain: has been the backbone of my business’s organization. Google Workspace? Oh, it’s the brain behind my business. Google Drive keeps all my docs in one cozy spot, and the teamwork tools like Docs and Sheets are like having a virtual office right at my fingertips. Sharing and organizing? Piece of cake. (alt: Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) has been the backbone of my business’s organization.)
5. Next up, Etsy. It’s like a treasure trove of Canva templates. Whenever I need something unique or want to level up my content game, I head to Etsy. They’ve got templates for days, and awesome things like photo mock-ups when I’m looking for just the perfect new launch.
6. For curated visuals, HauteStock is my secret sauce for jaw-dropping photos. Their collection is like a breath of fresh air – so gorgeous and refreshing. Whether it’s for blog posts, social media, or anything else, HauteStock has that perfect image that makes my content pop.
If you aren’t at a place where you can invest in a Branding photographer, consider this option. They cater to a lot of female entrepreneurs and have a lot of collections with new ones dropping monthly. Once you’re able to invest in a good branding photog, there are a few I can recommend local to Wilmington 😉 See their images and save 15% HERE
7. Chat GPT, My Brainstorming Buddy. It’s like having a brainstorm buddy on standby 24/7. Whether I need quick answers, content ideas, or a friendly chat to brainstorm, ChatGPT comes to the rescue.
I will note someone from a legal background encourages everyone to remember it’s an open source AI so be careful what info you are sharing. And always edit, edit, and edit before sharing with your clients. I think AI assist can be a great tool to help with brainstorming or a jumping-off point and then let my creativity go from there. After all your clients and customers choose to work with you for you!!
These tools have seriously been my lifeline in the wild world of business. They save time, and keep me looking professional with minimal effort. So, there you have it – the inside scoop on my favorite business buddies. Cheers to making business life a little less crazy!